1 tbsp butter
125g smoked trout, flaked into big chunks (we use our Oak Roast Trout)
150g frozen peas, defrosted
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 bunch chives, to serve
For the salad:
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
sugar a pinch
1 red onion, thinly sliced
flat-leaf parsley (a bunch), torn
1. Heat the grill to medium. Put a small oven-proof frying pan with the butter over a medium heat.
2. Once the butter is foaming, add the trout and fry gently for a minute.
3. Add the peas to the eggs, season really well with salt and black pepper and pour into the pan.
4. Gently mix so that the trout and peas are evenly distributed.
5. Cook for 5 minutes until the sides are slightly coming away from the pan.
6. Grate over the parmesan and put under the grill for 2-3 minutes until light golden and just set.
7. To make the salad, whisk the oil and vinegar with the sugar then season and toss with the onion and parsley.
8. Sprinkle the chives over the frittata and serve with the salad.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Olive Magazine.Back to recipes