150g Staal Smokehouse Roast Trout Fillet, flaked
1 tsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil with Chilli (more if you like them hotter)
1 tbsp Smoked Chilli Dressing, plus extra for dipping
500g mashed potato
3 finely chopped spring onions
A good handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
100g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
A little Oak Smoked Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
2. Add all the ingredients in a bowl, with the exception of the fresh breadcrumbs and mix together well with either a spatula or your hands. When combined, roll into small bitesize balls, we made 24.
3. Coat each mini fishcake ball generously in the breadcrumbs and place on baking trays lined with baking paper.
3. Drizzle over a little Oak Smoked Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil before baking for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven to cool down completely and firm up on the trays.
4. Serve with Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil’s Smoked Chilli Dressing ready to dip!Back to recipes