225g chestnut mushrooms
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsps Oak Smoked Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil (plus extra for drizzling)
250g arborio rice
2 tsps fresh thyme
800ml vegetable stock
Glass of white wine
- Chop the garlic and thyme, and slice the mushrooms and leeks.
- Heat the stock and leave it simmering. Pour the Oak Smoked oil in a deep pan over a medium heat, add the leeks and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened, then add the mushrooms and again, cook until softened.
- Add the rice and cook for a few minutes until it begins to turn slightly translucent, stirring well to coat with the oil. Slowly add the wine and once it starts to evaporate, add the hot stock, one cup at a time while continuing to stir.
- Keep doing this until the rice can’t absorb any more of the stock (it takes about 20 mins). Add the thyme and season to taste.Take off the heat and leave for 2 minutes.
- Before serving, lightly drizzle the risotto with a little extra Oak Smoked oil. And enjoy!