400g Staal Smokehouse Smoked Salmon (long sliced for lining)
450g Staal Smokehouse Fresh Salmon
200g Staal Smokehouse Gravadlax
115g Staal Smokehouse Smoked Salmon Trimmings
15g Chives (chopped)
15g Dill (chopped)
15g Parsley (chopped)
1 Lemon (juice only)(
Seasoning, salt pepper and cayenne
For the dressing:
120ml Rapeseed oil
For the garnish:
2 Pears (finely chopped)
2 Oranges (segmented)
½ Cucumber (chopped)
- Lay foil on a board and top with a layer of cling wrap and slices of the smoked salmon and chill.
- Slice the raw salmon 5mm thick season and fry in the oil without browning and then drain on a wire rack.
- When drained mix in a large bowl the diced cured salmon and the diced smoked trimmings. Add the herbs and lemon juice followed by the butter and stir very carefully. Season with salt and the spices.
- Spoon onto the long slices of salmon and roll up tightly, twisting the ends so that it is compact and neat. Chill for 2 hours at least.
- Meanwhile mix the dressing ingredients together and prepare the salad.
- To serve, unwrap the foil leaving the cling wrap in place and cut into slices. Peel off the cling and arrange on a platter with the dressing and salad around.