240g salmon fillet (we use our Staal Oak Roast Salmon portion)
200g new potatoes
100g green beans
2 large free-range eggs
1 soft round lettuce
1 handful of black olives (stone in)
4 ripe plum tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. If using raw salmon, season it with sea salt and black pepper, then add, skin-side down, to a hot frying pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool, then flake into chunks. If using our Oak Roast Salmon, simply flake into chunks and set aside.
2. Halve the new potatoes and boil with the beans until tender, then refresh in cold water.
3. Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6 minutes to hard-boil, then remove, peel and quarter.
4. To make the dressing, peel and finely chop the garlic, then combine in a large bowl with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Add the lettuce leaves to the dressing with the potatoes, beans and olives. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, add to the bowl, then toss to coat.
6. Divide between 2 bowls and top each with the egg quarters and flaked salmon.
This recipe is adapted from the Jamie Oliver website.Back to recipes