These yummy fish cakes are perfect for kids and adults alike – ideal as a quick family meal, or as a starter for grown-ups.
Makes 8 small fish cakes
500g potatoes, cooked and mashed
170g portion of Staal Oak Roast Salmon
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp plain flour
Grated zest of a lemon
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Flake the Oak Roast Salmon with a fork on a plate or chopping board.
2. Put the mashed potato in a mixing bowl and add the flaked salmon.
3. Stir in the chopped parsley and lemon zest. If the fish cakes are to be served to older kids, add a little salt and pepper according to their preferences; you can leave the seasoning out for younger children. Mix well.
4. Dampen your hands a little and shape the mixture into 8 small cakes, then lightly dust with flour.
5. Pour the vegetable oil into a non-stick frying pan and fry the fish cakes for 4-5 mins on each side over a medium heat until cooked through. Serve with carrot and cucumber sticks for the younger diners, or salad for the grown-ups.
You can find our delicious Oak Roast Salmon in our online shop by following the link below:
Oak Roast Salmon
This recipe is adapted from the Good to Know website. The photo is also courtesy of Good to Know.