- 2 portions Staal Smokehouse Oak Roast Salmon
- 360g dried farfalle pasta
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Half tsp dried chilli flakes
- 140g crème fraîche
- 140g garden peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon
- Using a fork, flake the Oak Roast Salmon portions into 2cm pieces.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil, and add a pinch of salt. Add the dried pasta to the water and cook for 10-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large pan heat the rapeseed oil then add the finely chopped shallot, grated garlic, chilli flakes, and fennel seeds. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the shallot has softened.
- Add the crème fraîche to the pan together with 5 tablespoons of the cooking water from the pasta.
- Add the flaked Oak Roast Salmon to the sauce and stir gently. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas to the sauce and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking water. Add the pasta to the sauce along with the lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and stir everything gently together, adding a little more pasta water if the sauce needs thinning.
Recipe adapted from www.cookwithmands.co.uk.Back to recipes