1 Staal Smoked Haddock Fillet
4 medium free range eggs
1 pack microwave pilau rice
Frozen or fresh garden peas
1. Pour the milk into a large saucepan and bring to simmering point.
2. Poach the smoked haddock fillet in the milk for 6-8 minutes until the flesh is opaque. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile bring a smaller saucepan of water to the boil and reduce to a simmer – carefully add the eggs and simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Cook the peas, either according to the pack if frozen, or in a pan of boiling water if fresh.
5. Heat the microwave rice according to the instructions on the pack, and empty into a warm serving dish.
6. Remove the shells from the soft boiled eggs and cut them in half, then place on top of the rice. Flake the smoked haddock with a fork and scatter over the rice and eggs, together with the cooked peas.
7. Serve and invite everyone to dig in!Back to recipes