This really is a fantastic cheat’s version of kedgeree – but it’s as good as any that I’ve ever tasted! Kedgeree is traditionally served for breakfast, but this works just as well as a delicious family supper.
Cooking time: 15 mins
1 Staal Smoked Haddock Fillet
4 medium free range eggs
1 pack microwave pilau rice
Frozen or fresh garden peas
1. Pour the milk into a large saucepan and bring to simmering point.
2. Poach the smoked haddock fillet in the milk for 6-8 minutes until the flesh is opaque. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile bring a smaller saucepan of water to the boil and reduce to a simmer – carefully add the eggs and simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Cook the peas, either according to the pack if frozen, or in a pan of boiling water if fresh.
5. Heat the microwave rice according to the instructions on the pack, and empty into a warm serving dish.
6. Remove the shells from the soft boiled eggs and cut them in half, then place on top of the rice. Flake the smoked haddock with a fork and scatter over the rice and eggs, together with the cooked peas.
7. Serve and invite everyone to dig in!
Buy our delicious undyed smoked haddock in our online shop by following the link below: