1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry (ours was 375g)
200g Staal Smokehouse Cold Smoked Salmon Slices
4 heaped tsps Yorkshire Mayonnaise with Lemon
2 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
1 egg, beaten, for glazing
1. Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C Fan / Gas Mark 7.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and cut in half lengthways.
3. Using a pastry brush spread a layer of the Lemon Mayonnaise over each piece of pastry. Sprinkle over the capers and top with a layer of the salmon slices.
4. For both pastry sheets, fold the long outer edges of each piece of pastry so they meet in the centre, taking care to enclose all of the toppings. Then fold in half length ways again to create the heart shape of palmiers.
5. Using a sharp knife or a sharp pair of kitchen scissors, cut each pastry roll into slices about 1.5cm thick. Place on your lined baking trays, brush with a little of the beaten egg, and cook in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until the palmiers are crisp and golden.
6. Remove from the oven and place the palmiers on a wire rack to cool. We love to serve them slightly warm!Back to recipes