I usually serve this delicious dish as a starter, but there is no reason it couldn’t be served as a main course.
Serves 4 (as a starter)
1 Smoked duck breast
2 Juicy oranges
50-100g Walnut halves
1 Bag of salad leaves
1 Avocado – sliced
French dressing – preferably made with walnut oil
1. Remove the skin from the Smoked Duck Breast and slice the meat.
2. Crisp the skin in a hot oven or under the grill and allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile peel, de-pith and section the oranges, reserving any juice.
4. Chop the crispy duck skin into croutons. Arrange the salad onto 4 plates with slices of duck, orange and walnuts.
5. Drizzle over the dressing with the reserved orange juice and finish each with some crispy croutons.
Buy our wonderful Twice Smoked Duck from our online shop by following the link below: