150g full fat cream cheese at room temperature
0.5tsp – 1tsp wasabi paste
10g fresh dill, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
200g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Place the cream cheese, wasabi, and dill in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste with black pepper.
- To make the rolls, lay the smoked salmon onto a sheet of cling film on a chopping board to form a rectangle of 30cm x 10cm.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture over the top to about 5mm thick.
- Roll the smoked salmon lengthways as tightly as possible. Place in the fridge to firm up. Repeat with the remaining smoked salmon. At this point the rolls can be kept in the fridge for 2 days or frozen well wrapped for up to 2 months.
- Cut the cucumber into 5mm rounds and cut with a 4cm cutter to form perfect rounds.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and slice into 1.5cm rounds and place on top of the cucumber.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill and serve.