4 slices Staal Smokehouse Smoked Salmon
2 slices sourdough or crusty white bread
30 g butter, plus a little extra for spreading
6 large free-range eggs
- Put the sourdough or crusty white bread on to toast.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat until it’s bubbling.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the mixture to the saucepan. Stir the eggs continuously until they are almost cooked, then remove from the heat (the eggs will continue to cook after the heat is turned off).
- Season the scrambled eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Butter the slices of toast and place on separate plates, then pour half of the scrambled eggs onto each piece of toast.
- Lay 2 slices of smoked salmon over the scrambled eggs on each plate. Quarter the lemon to make wedges, and place a wedge on each plate. Snip some fresh dill and sprinkle over to serve.
Photo courtesy of jamieoliver.com.Back to recipes