Staal Smoked Fish & Poultry hamper
2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and ground black pepper
3 tbsp cream cheese
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp chopped dill or chives
1 lemon, ½ zested and ½ cut into wedges
6 small bread rolls, halved
Crusty bread or wraps, to serve
- Hard boil the eggs in boiling water for 8 mins, then place under cold running water to cool. Peel the eggs and halve them. Put the yolks into a bowl and mash them with the mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and some seasoning. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the halved egg whites and refrigerate until you need them.
- Slice the smoked duck.
- Flake the oak roast salmon into large chunks and put it on a platter with the smoked duck and the eggs.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom half of the bread rolls, then add slices of smoked salmon on some and smoked trout on others, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with the other half of the bread rolls to make sandwiches, and cut each one in half.
- Mix the Greek yoghurt with the lemon zest and dill, and season to taste. Peel and slice the cucumber, and add to the yoghurt mixture. Pile the mixture into the centre of the platter.
- Serve with crusty bread or wraps and lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food ‘Salmon Picnic Platter’. Image courtesy of www.bbcgoodfood.com.Back to recipes